Window Seat

There are things that I simply cannot wrap my head around. How is it that you can go to sleep in one country and wake up the next morning in another? People travel all the time. They don’t as much in this COVID-19 era, but pre-covid, travel was normalized, and people flew often. However, airplanes still absolutely fascinate me. I especially love sitting by the window seat because nothing beats its view. 
 
As the plane peels off the ground, one second, I’m at eye level with people and a moment later, they appear microscopic. 
 
What else really fascinates me is how we all only have one life. After we die, that’s it. I think about how many people will come after me a little more than I should. I think about heaven a lot too, whether it really exists, and whether there really is a life everlasting. We will really never know until our time is up, but then it’s too late. The amount of time, people, and inventions that will come after me terrify me. They’re all reminders about how tiny and irrelevant we all are on this Earth in the grand scheme of things. Although all of this can be scary to think about sometimes, I think everyone needs to take a turn in their window seat because it can offer such refreshing and vital perspectives. 
 
I have been getting so caught up in things lately which cause me much stress and anxiety. These dilemmas churn in my head and exhaust me until they have completely eaten me up. Sometimes these problems feel as if they have to be dealt with immediately or are the only ones to exist. They feel as if no one is experiencing anything remotely similar. However, when I get to look out of my window seat, I realize how microscopic many of these problems are.
 
As the plane prepares for landing, one second, I’m surrounded by clouds hiding civilization and the next minute, skyscrapers tower over me. 
 
Occasionally, it can feel as if our community is the only one that exists but flying can shift our perspective. We realize recognizable buildings and communities are so minuscule in comparison to the plethora of others around the world. 
 
At the end of the day, your plane will get to its destination one way or another. There might be a few turbulences along the way, but eventually you will get to your terminal in one piece. While you’re up there, you might as well enjoy the view, and try to ignore the few flying annoyances because the view is breathtaking. I recommend the window seat. 



 

Popular posts from this blog

I Am From

Year in Pixels

3 Things I Learned My Junior Year of College