Blogiversary

A few weeks ago marked the anniversary or “blogiversary” of my first blog post on “Living Large.” Therefore, I wanted to provide some context for my blog’s name and give credit to those who inspired me. 

 

In the summer of 2019, I visited my friend Siena at her home in New Jersey. As always, we had a packed weekend planned with lots of fun activities. Siena is the type of friend whose energy will always lift up the spirits in any room she enters. Visiting her family that weekend made me understand where she gets her excitement and passion from. Her family members brought the same light into conversations as she did. Simply from talking with them, I saw how much they craved adventure like her. 

 

Something that caught my eye during my visit, was this wooden plaque above one of the doors in their house. It read “Live Large.” I have definitely heard of this simple saying before, but Siena’s mom explained how deeply the saying resonated with her and how she wanted to instill this message to her family. I also loved this idea that life should be lived large, or to the full. 

 

I would like to think that I already live large, or live life to the full. The question is what does this really mean. I think it can mean something different to everyone. To me, living large is trying to live my life without regrets. It is a life full of adventure, hope, passion, love, and more. To me, this means squeezing in as much as I can out of my life, whether that be packing in many adventures with friends, trying to organize events for loved ones, or trying to pursue as many passions that spark my interests. To someone else living large could be centered solely on traveling to as many promised destinations as possible or pursuing ministry as a career. Living large can encapsulate different definitions to many individuals, but the overall message is still beautiful. A life fully lived is a life that I want to continue pursuing. 

 

In addition, my full name is Olivia, but many of my closer friends naturally started calling me Liv. Therefore, when I thought about creating my blog sometime in the future that summer, I thought that “Living Large” would be the perfect name as it combines my nickname with how I want to live my life. 

 

I hope this blog has been full of insightful reflections or at least has provided a space for some enjoyable reads, and I hope to continue doing this more in the future. Lastly, I would like to add if there is something that you are slightly unsure about, are nervous for, or are letting something else get in the way of your ambition, I would strongly encourage you to let go of your fears and excuses and start living large. 

 



 

Popular posts from this blog

I Am From

Year in Pixels

3 Things I Learned My Junior Year of College