Book Reviews: Love Does and Everybody Always



Love Does and Everybody Always by Bob Goff are two phenomenal non-fiction books I recently finished which were recommended to me by a few friends. Love Does is about how love cannot simply stop at just being a word but requires action. Love should be overflowed to others around us. Everybody Always is Bob Goff’s second book and is about how we should love everybody always. Goff explains how it is so much easier to love our friends and family who we want to be around and are easy to love. The challenge is loving our worst enemies, people who scare us, and those we avoid because it is difficult to understand them. Both books are broken into shorts chapters that describe Goff’s humorous and heartfelt life experiences. In addition, both books are written in language that is easily understood and as a result, the books are difficult to put down once started.

I think that I picked up these books in perfect timing because they encouraged me to try to mend my relationship with my mom which has always been difficult for me. Goff’s tone really feels as if his books were written specifically for you. You will not finish these books and move on to your next read; these books demand action. They will inspire you to make positive changes in your life and help you move beyond reflecting upon love to acting upon love.

Although the books fall under Christian literature, I think that anyone would benefit from reading them. Goff differentiates the difference between religious people and Christ followers. I believe that despite one’s religion, people want to perform good in the world and treat others with kindness. However, many times this can be easier said than done. I appreciate Goff’s vulnerability throughout both books. He acknowledges that everyone has their faults and despite him wanting to do the right thing, he continues to fail and understands that he will continue to do so. What’s important is that he is striving to do his best to become love despite his inevitable human failures, which is a theme throughout his literary work.

If you liked Captivating or Wild at Heart by John Eldredge as well as devotional literature then I think you would definitely enjoy these two reads. These books are for anyone who is trying to become the best version of themselves. Both these books earned five-star ratings in my eyes and I cannot wait for more people to discover their inspiring beauty as well!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am From

Year in Pixels

3 Things I Learned My Junior Year of College